Landed in Shanghai
After a dramatic month of transition from New York to China, I am happy to announce that I have arrived safely and soundly in Shanghai. This past month has been a huge change for me, and I'll list the main events briefly here. Please bear with my update post. More on education (in China and otherwise) coming your way soon.
* My New York life is packed up and I have moved to Shanghai, China. This is for personal and professional reasons, and I will be here for at least a handful of months.
* I have signed with a great literary agent in NY to work on the book I've been writing, which is a coming of age memoir about, in short, Korean culture, KPop, education, and family.
* Currently I am studying Chinese intensively.
* The work I do related to education consulting will proceed, as I work both remotely and in-person with clients. I have been meeting with education professionals in China and will continue to learn more about the education culture in this city and country before deciding what my next career step will look like.
* I've spent the past couple of weeks writing and traveling in Yunnan province, a great break after the crazy logistics of packing and moving away.
Now back to the regularly scheduled program. :)