Fall Update - Personal
A quick update on what's been on my plate and what's coming up:
- The Shanghai Literary Review - As the Editor in Chief of this literature and art magazine, I've been busy reading submissions for our second issue coming out this winter, hosting open mic readings in Shanghai, and getting our journal placed into shops around the world. For now, we're selling in Shanghai, Beijing, London, and New York, as well as online.
- Jululu Independent Book Festival - This summer I worked with a friend to organize a zine and indie book festival in Shanghai. We sold books, held bookmaking and art workshops, and had a weekend of talks from book designers, printers, and authors. It was a blast, we had great publicity from the press, and we're hoping to make this an annual event!
- Writing - I'm still writing freelance for magazines and papers. You can find some of my published pieces on my writing website. In addition to long form journalism work, I've been busy doing research and working on two books - one nonfiction and one fiction. In addition to these personal projects, I've also started a masters program in creative writing. :)
- Teaching - I've finished up my writing course at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, and this fall I'll be the teaching assistant for two writing courses at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen campus.
- Essay Boutique - Essay editing continues, as I've been working with students through video and in person, or through emailed document edits. It's a pleasure to get to know ambitious young people and help them achieve their goals, in the small ways that I can.